If your family is looking for a new children’s dentist in Orland Park, many factors will likely influence your decision. Obvious criteria, such as driving distance from your home or child’s school and whether the dentist accepts your dental insurance, can play a significant role—but what about the more subtle nuances that come into play once you’re a patient?
Choosing the Best Children’s Dentist
At Palos Pediatric Dentistry, we understand that the dentist-patient relationship plays a vital role in how well you and your family maintain your oral health and how likely you are to visit your dentist for routine dental appointments.
To help you decide if a potential dentist is the right fit for your family, consider asking them the following questions:
- How long have you been a pediatric dentist?
- What type of experience do you have working with children, and why did you choose to specialize in pediatric dentistry?
- How many staff do you have? Are they experienced pediatric dental assistants or hygienists?
- How early do you start treating children? Can I bring my toddler in to see you?
- If my child shows signs of fear or anxiety, how will your dental office handle that?
- Which pediatric dentistry treatments do you offer?
- Do you have incentives, such as prizes or reward systems, for my child to keep their smile healthy?
- How many patients do you currently see? Are you flexible with scheduling if I need to move my child’s dental appointment around?
- When do you stop treating children, or when would my child “outgrow” your dental office?
These questions, along with many others, can help you find the best dentist in Orland Park for your family.
Schedule a Pediatric Dental Appointment
Our pediatric dentist, Dr. Richard Facko, is accepting new patients and would love to talk with your family about whether our dental practice is the right fit. To schedule a consultation or a visit with us, please call Palos Pediatric Dentistry today at (708) 263-6708.