Most people, including children, will develop one or more cavities in their lifetime. This dental health issue is typical. However, it is possible to lower your child's risk of decay with excellent oral care habits at home and regular dental visits.
Children may indulge in sweets, and it is difficult or impossible to brush their teeth following every partaking—especially school-aged children. But as a rule, the following tips should help reduce cavities in your child:
- Take your child to the dentist twice each year for check-ups (and teeth cleanings for older children).
- Lower their intake of sweets and acidic fruit juices.
- Assist with brushing until your child is ready to handle the task on his or her own.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Talk to your child's Palos Heights, IL dentist if you notice teeth grinding.
Your child's dentist in Palos Heights can provide fluoride treatments and dental sealants to help combat tooth decay, and teeth cleanings help eliminate the debris and bacteria that lead to tooth decay.
Schedule an Exam with Your Child's Palos Heights Dentist Today
We love to help children get excellent head starts with their oral health. If you're looking for a children's dentist, or if you have any questions, we are here for you. Contact a member of our kid-friendly team today.